Thursday 19 January 2012

Cheesecake



This is the first time I am making a cheesecake.I did innumerable antics while making this cake.You see, the original recipe requires cream cheese and ricotta cheese.But as usual it isn't available here.I thought maybe making some would be nice.But the other day I was making mascarpone cheese and it didn't quite turn out quite well.I overcooked them.So, I decided that making cream cheese was not a good idea.Then, my close
friend,who also gave me the recipe, told me that I should use cheddar cheese instead.She said that it tastesgood with condensed milk.That is quite true.This cheesecake would have been really good if someone with slightly more common sense than me had made it.



So when she said I should use cheddar cheese, instead of using my common sense and understanding that I must shred the cheese,I merely added cheese slices.The result was that I couldn't get a smooth mixture.And in order counteract it I did an ever hilarious antic, I actually used a mixer grinder and smoothened the mixture.Imagine blending a cake batter.Well,I did get the cheese blended.But the batter I obtained obviously had a lot of bubbles in it and the recipe repeatedly says that the batter must not have bubbles in it.Well,that didn't affect the cheesecake much, I think.I should have added a bit more condensed milk.because the cake has a bit of sour taste in it.But it makes the cake different.I must say that despite these hilarious antics of mine the cake turned out well.I wouldn't say elegant,but it tastes quite good.I think it would be better with ice cream.What do you usually eat it with?I'm new to the cheesecake arena.So, maybe you have better idea about what to eat it with.Here I am giving the original recipe.But I used cheddar cheese-300gm and cheese slices-300gm.I also used condensed milk.





7 comments:

  1. hahaha I'm always experimenting in my kitchen just as you did and I have to say that I never thought about baking with cheddar cheese, this cheesecake with cheddar cheese is not a bad idea, it actually looks good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.It was my friend's idea.But you should add a lot of condensed milk to the mixture otherwise the cake turns a little sour.

      Delete
  2. hey, sounds great fun :)

    I've never had cheese cake, would love to try out some day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'll make you one.dppn't worry i'll make it in a better way than i made this one. :-)

      Delete
    2. And thanks a lot for the comments.

      Delete
  3. This sounds like you had so much fun making it! It looks scrumptious!

    -Lou

    http://juicebylouis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.It was fun making it.I had a good laugh over my antics.

      Delete