Monday 16 January 2012

Peanut Butter Brownies

Recipe from Bake or Break at Bake or Break

You know,I have a tremendous amount of common sense(Ironically).I recognised the fact again when I was cooking these.You see,I have two ovens.One is the old traditional one which works on the principle of conduction and a convection microwave oven.So, usually the baking is done in the old one because it helps in raising the caking better.But when I was cooking this recipe The electric plug of the oven broke(I was famous for taking very good care of things,so much so that no toy of mine still exists in mint condition.)because I dropped it on the floor.So, my only option was to use the other one.And I knew that it is not that good for baking.I knew that it works by heating the water in the food.I also knew that baking in it requires me to take the brownies out long before it is completely cooked.Because if you don't the food will harden.But despite all this knowledge I waited till the brownies were cooked before I took them out.The
result was that instead of getting the soft tasty brownies I got a hard thing resembling cookies.So, hard that it would actually crumble.I guess I should learn to use better sense next time.I have to say the brownies tasted really good.

  • 1 & 1/2 cups unsalted butter
  • 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 & 1/2 cups granulated sugar
  • 5 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
  •  1 cup miniature peanut butter cups (or chopped peanut butter cups)

Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9″x 13″x 2″ pan with aluminum foil.
Place butter and chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at 30-second intervals until melted. Stir until smooth. Set aside to cool slightly.
Whisk together flour and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine chocolate mixture and 2 & 1/2 cups sugar using an electric mixer at medium speed. Mix until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in vanilla.
Gradually add flour mixture, beating just until combined. Stir in peanut butter chips. Spread batter in prepared pan.
Combine peanut butter and 2 tablespoons sugar in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. Stir until smooth.
Drop peanut butter mixture by teaspoonfuls over brownie batter. Use a knife to swirl peanut butter mixture into brownie batter. Sprinkle top with peanut butter cups.
Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out still slightly sticky. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.

2 comments:

  1. you have been busy :)

    I think as long as it tastes good, nothing else really matters that much :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks chechi.:-)you're right, as long as it tastes good nothing else matters.

      Delete