Thursday 7 March 2013

Chocolate Cake



I'm sure everyone like a simple chocolate cake. This cake was made for my cousin's birthday. I really love how the icing came out. My aunt had a very cool recipe for cakes. But it was not used to make this cake. I
might ask her the recipe again ad post it. This is a simple chocolate cake. The one that we all love despite the availability of other flavours. And the icing makes it even better. Who doesn't like chocolate?

Recipe:

Flour   - 200 g
Butter: - 200 g
Egg:    - 4
Sugar  - 200 g
Cocoa Powder -  40 g
Vanilla Extract   - 2 tsp
Bicarbonate of Soda - 1/2 tsp
Baking Powder  - 1 tsp

Icing

Fresh Cream
Sugar
Cocoa Powder

Beat together the butter and sugar. Separate the egg white and yolk. Beat the egg white separately until white and fluffy. Then, Add the egg yolk to the butter and sugar mix. Beat them together well. Sift well the flour , bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, and the cocoa powder. Add this to the butter mixture. Add the well beaten egg whites to this mixture. After adding the egg whites, the mixture must not be beaten. It must only be mixed together.

For Icing I used fresh cream. The cream if kept undisturbed for sometime will separate to give water and thick cream. I carefully took out this thick cream. If you cannot get thick cream just add cornflour to make the icing thick. Then add sugar. I added only enough sugar to make taste sweet. To this the cocoa powder was added. I hope you like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment