Monday 11 March 2013

Vanilla Cake


This cake was made because I wanted to try different icing.Its not as cool as others i have seen before. But atleast it seems better considering it is one of my first attempts at icing a cake.I added pink food colour to get
the strawberry look. The cake has only vanilla flavour. But the pink went well with the icing.

Recipe:

Flour   - 200 g
Butter: - 200 g
Egg:    - 4
Sugar  - 200 g
Vanilla Extract   - 2 tsp
Bicarbonate of Soda - 1/2 tsp
Baking Powder  - 1 tsp

Icing

Fresh Cream
Sugar


Beat together the butter and sugar. Separate the egg white and yolk. Beat the egg white separately until white and fluffy. Then, Add the egg yolk to the butter and sugar mix. Beat them together well. Sift well the flour , bicarbonate of soda,and baking powder. Add this to the butter mixture. Add the well beaten egg whites to this mixture. After adding the egg whites, the mixture must not be beaten. It must only be mixed together.

For Icing I used fresh cream. I added cornflour t make the icing thick.  Then add sugar. I added only enough sugar to make taste sweet. I hope you like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment